Atkins to paleo, low-carb to raw food, no-whites to cavemen, there is no shortage of diet plans out there and in a lot of cases, each one is as problematic as the next and boasting the same rehashed information in each one . So, when I heard about the Venus Factor diet, I was skeptical. A diet just for women? That sounds like a gimmick! Then I read up on the science behind the diet and was intrigued.
Have you ever noticed how men seem to have more success on diets than women? How are they less prone to cravings? Reach plateaus much later? See faster results? I sure have and as I looked more at the Venus Factor diet, I began to see the appeal of a diet and exercise plan specifically targeted for the fairer sex.
Where Does This Program Come From?
The Venus Factor diet was invented by John Barban, a diet and fitness expert, to help women who’ve been trying to shift weight for years with little success.
Barban states that women have to be treated differently than men when it comes to dieting due to a particular hormone called leptin. Leptin is the hormone responsible for fat burning and women naturally produce more of it than men. Because of this, we canhave leptin resistance, in which we’re three times less responsive to Leptin signals than men and when we diet, our leptin levels plummet twice as fast and as much as dieting men, so we reach our weight loss plateaus much faster.
So, all this time, we thought we were doing something wrong when we were really at a biological disadvantage!
Luckily, Barban’s Venus Factor diet is a 12-week system designed to “reset” our leptin levels, rewiring our body to it’s most effective fat-burning state. This metabolic override works with your body, rather than against it, so fat loss is no longer an impossible task, but simple and even enjoyable.
Does The Program Really Work?
Believe it or not, it does! Because the Venus Factor is based in science and works with our bodies, women have achieved amazing results using this system. Barban’s plan is based on a system of calorie deficits and maintenance. 5 days a week, you eat low-calorie, restrictive diets and on the remaining 2 days, your “cheat days,” you can eat a higher “maintenance” amount of calories (the amount you’ll need to eat to retain your results). By adding these two cheat days, the metabolism is geared up and your body adjust to the maintenance amount of calories, so when you finish the 12-week plan and eat the higher level of calories daily, you won’t put the weight back on.
This 12-week weight loss program has 5 components to help you in your journey.
- The Essential Fat-Loss Diet Guide: This diet guide details the science behind the program, about what foods raise your leptin resistance and how to avoid them. It teaches you the right foods to eat to increase the effectiveness of Leptin in your body and how to get an overall healthier body for lasting change.
- The 12 Week Workout Program: This 12 week step-by-step, easy to follow fat burning workout showcases a number of resistance exercises to get you that coveted hourglass figure we all crave. The videos can all be easily downloaded or watched online and you can complete them at home or at the gym.
- The Virtual Nutritionist Software App: This handy nutritionist app allows you to easily count calories and proteins and comparing them to your ideal numbers, to show you what changes you need to make.
- The Venus Index Podcast: This inspirational and motivational podcast allows you to tune into other Venus Factor women who are going through the same program as you, so you can listen to their struggles and success stories for great motivation to carry on.
- The Venus Community: For even more motivation, there’s a whole community of Venus members at your fingertips that you can connect with, share your struggles and success and create lasting friendships with women who understand what you’re going through.
Pros and Cons
- It targets women’s issues such as leptin resistance, hormones and weight loss plateaus.
- It teaches women how to control leptin and naturally produce more of it.
- It shows women how to remodel their bodies in a healthy way for lasting results.
- It allows two cheat days to make it easier to follow.
- Prepares you for life after Venus, so you won’t gain weight again once you stop the program.
- It offers a whole community of other women you can connect with for advice and tips.
- The workout routines are easy to follow for all fitness levels and come with comprehensive videos and images.
- Help target fat loss in problem areas, such as the thighs, hips and butt.
- There is a 60-day money back guarantee if you’re not happy with the program.
- It works!
- Low-calorie days can be hard for some women to follow.
- It does require you to own some simple at-home gym equipment such as weights.
- Once you sign up for the program, you’ll receive a lot of emails that you may not always be interested in.
What Do Real People Say About This Program?
I understand if you’re still skeptical, I was too. Here are some testimonials from people who have done and enjoyed the program.
“I was pretty surprised when I saw my after pictures. I didn’t think I changed so much. The transformation was amazing.”
“After doing the Venus program, I realized that before I was doing almost everything wrong. I’m 50 and I’m in the best shape of my life…I have never been happier.”
“Eight children in 12 years and I look and feel better than I ever have in my entire life!”
“At my age I cannot believe the shape that I am finally getting, and I owe it all to the Venus Factor program.”
“I lost all my post pregnancy weight which was amazing…I have never been part of an online community like this one – it is truly special.”
“I’ve never looked or felt better than I do now following the Venus lifestyle.”
One Final Word, A Warning
With all the fad diets around, it’s easy to be skeptical when the new “big thing” pops up. I was the same. But the Venus Factor is an interesting diet that’s not the same rehashed information we’ve seen time and time again. Based on science, it’s an intriguing diet plan specifically for women that actually works. However, as with all diets based on calorie deficits and restrictions, you need the right motivation and stamina to stick to the plan. 12 weeks is a long time if you’re not willing to put in the work. But if you are, you can see amazing results from a program that understands your specific needs.